1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Town suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tonoshi, May 13, 2013.

Town suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tonoshi, May 13, 2013.

1. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

This is only a SUGGESTION and it is not in any way official. It is just an idea that I had, and I want to see if anyone would support it.

I would like to propose a new way to handle towns. What if there was 2 "Ranks" for towns? Lets call them villages and cities for now.
    Villages:
    • Would require 3 active people to start and would have a maximum size of 128 x 160 (20,480 blocks or the equivalent of 5 people using all 4 of their 32x32 residences).
    • Must have a theme and a clear defined border
    • Must maintain 3 active people or protections can be removed.
    • Free of Cost
    Cities:
    • Would require 6 active people to start and would have a minimum starting size of 160 x 192 (30,720 blocks or the equivalent of 7.5 people using all of their 32x32 residences).
    • Must have a theme and a clear defined border
    • Must maintain an Active Primary Leader or protections can be removed.
    • One time cost of $18.00 USD
    • One person must be picked as the Primary Leader and you can only be the Primary Leader of one City. (You may contact Staff to relinquish your leadership to someone else if you wanted to start a new city.)
    Overall rules:
    • Village and City Leaders do not count toward a village's or city's active player count that isn't their own.
    • Must maintain a reasonable distance from another Village or City, unless permission was granted by the neighboring Village or City.
    With the recent addition of Buycraft, we could have some Village / City upgrades available like town portals, NPCs, etc. Why am I suggesting a price for Cities? My thought behind it is people are more likely to stay with something that they put money into. I know I am more likely to keep playing here on Crafthub because I have contributed money here and I have been perks like Sethome, Residence, etc. Cities are relatively cheap at $3.00 a head or 1 person paying $18.00 out of their pocket. Since Cities are paying for their perks, their minimum activity level is lessened (only needing their Primary Leader to be active vs. 3 active people).

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
  2. Joecool6789

Joecool6789 Member

Although I do think these are all great ideas, the only one I do not agree with is the "one leader" part for the city, as I have appointed pegasus as town another town owner, and our town has succeeded swimmingly.​
  3. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

I don't think he's saying there can be only one leader, I think he's saying one person counts as 'primary leader' for the purpose of being active and keeping the city protections up. This would, in theory, be the residence owner, since there can be only one.

Is that an accurate assumption?
  4. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

That is accurate. You would still be able to appoint Co-Mayor(s), Vice Generals, Janitors, whatever else you want. The idea is that there needs to be one person responsible for keeping the City perms. Essentially that one person should be trying to get people to live in town if he/she is the only person left in it.
  5. Joecool6789

Joecool6789 Member

Ah, I guess I misread that.
  6. Lockslie97

Lockslie97 New Member

I feel like there are good ideas in there but has some issues aswel. I understand where you are coming from on the invest in what you've invested in point of view but I personally could not afford 18$ to keep my town. And most towns are formed by a group of people who have no real life connections so I feel like splitting the cost would be rare at best. Also I like personal donations but not the idea of buycraft where it would get to the point that it basically forces the mayors to invest money to keep up with other towns. And what if a city's active leader/leaders are inactive for a week or so, would three or more active citizens guarantee the upkeep of protections? But I do love the idea of forced activity, since there are plenty of inactive abandoned towns on the server just taking up space. And now it seems everyone is starting little towns with server noobs who never play again and then just keep the town so they can say they own a town. I like towns that people care about and work on. But I would suggest admins/mods use GP or something to protect any special or epic buildings (similar to how residence was removed).
    Thats just my three cents.
  7. IronR0b

IronR0b New Member

8. 4everLink

4everLink Member

QOUTE:
    "I don't think he's saying there can be only one leader, I think he's saying one person counts as 'primary leader' for the purpose of being active and keeping the city protections up. This would, in theory, be the residence owner, since there can be only one.

Is that an accurate assumption? "

there can only be one.....

anyways I sorta like the idea. but I think the space for a village should be equal to that of a large (naturally gen) NPC village, or maybe say 90x90.

and then there should be a "town" classification meeting currently set conditions. max size being perhaps say 300x300 (reason behind this particular size being that tho some peeps said it was small compared to other towns, most peeps were surpised by how much you could do in the 16x16 plots I gave in SC1 and 2. (each will 2-3 block space inbetween) this would be more than enough for about 12 of those houses, and then throw in space for roads and a few bigger non house buildings just in 1 row from one side to another.) if it were all just houses and some roads, it would be like 15 houses a row. and the town would hold possibly 225 houses! (if they're 16x16 of course. if bigger then a few less.) but of course it wouldn't be ALL houses and roads.
    and of course they'd probs by like 20x20 house plots or something (down to 144 right there). possibly 3-5 blocks between them. my roads were 3-5 block wide with 2 blocks between them and the houses on both sides, making them about 7-9 blocks wide, mostly 7 tho, cept the main road. plus there are likely gunna be a number of bigger non house buildings around the towns as usual. plus they tend to be fairly disorganized and not really mapped out ahead of time. so in all likelihood that'd be more around like 70-90 houses. maybe.

then for a city, it would be hard to put a max size on that. but if there is none then I would agree about a small monetary fee. but would that be against the eulia or whatever it's called? and if not then instead of 18$ I'd say something more like maybe 8$. and also that a town could perhaps be "upgraded" at whatever point instead of having to start off with all the city requirements. they would still have to be met to upgrade tho.
    if a city would be restricted to a max size, then I'd say 800x800 sounds good.
  9. Fluffy8x

Fluffy8x New Member

Nice idea, but I think the admins would instead charge in-game currency for cities (30,000 one-time?).