1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

The Dawn of Minecraft 1.7

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Raemis210, Oct 30, 2013.

The Dawn of Minecraft 1.7

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Raemis210, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

With 1.7 upon us, and Bukkit scrambling to catch up, we've put a great deal of thought into how to handle the new biomes. We've taken suggestions from anyone who offered them, and we've finally decided upon a course of action.

We will be limiting the current map (1.6.4 - Redwall spawn) to a square of 20,000 blocks in each direction from spawn. A total area of 40,000 by 40,000, centered around spawn, will make up the entirety of the map. Additionally, we are generating the remainder of that area, to prevent jagged edges between old and new generation. If you have build something outside of this area, you have two weeks to speak to a moderator or administrator about moving it within this border. We can be reached via TeamSpeak, the forums, or via our contact us page.

At the same time, we will be opening up a new world, using 1.7. The new map will include all the new biomes and goodies. Both worlds will be accessible by the hub (same place you go to get to the creative or skylands world) and will share an inventory. This means that you can go between the worlds, and take items between them. The new world will also come with a new Nether, and a new End.

Any questions can be directed towards a staff member, who will answer to the best of their ability.

TLDR: See bolded sections.
  2. Jonathan24er

Jonathan24er Member

3. 4everLink

4everLink Member

actually.....that sound great! :D I like it. my house is only I couple thousand blocks from spawn anyways. well....I guess 20k sounds like quite a ways to go to get to the new stuff, but I imagine there are plenty of things within that 20k - 20k border that would want to be and be reasonable to save, that would be lost if that border were say 10k or 15k from spawn.
    and the new stuff is all immediately accessible in the new world. you can go to the old world or a new one, keep your old stuff and get new stuff, and even mix together the 2.
    in short, I like it. Link approves :cool:
  4. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

that sounds like a pretty good plan to me! i dont think too many people would have builds outside the 20kx20k area and being able to treck out from the areas we all know to the land beyond is a pretty cool idea. will a moderator be willingto move my skeleton spawner dungeon to a new location? :p
  5. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

I haven't tried to move a spawner before, so I don't know if it copies correctly. It might become a pig spawner if I use WE to move it.
  6. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

Maybe he secretly wants a pig spawner. :p I think its doable though.
  7. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

lol i was joking :p i wouldnt expect the move of a naturally generated structure, let alone a spawner :p hey a pig spawner wouldnt be useless!
  8. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

when the bukkit is updated can we have an eta as to when the current map is going to be "trimmed"?
  9. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

Current map is going to be trimmed within 2 weeks I believe. Don't quote me on that.
  10. 4everLink

4everLink Member

:p
  11. albinoorange

albinoorange Active Member

I hope map comes soon, temp map is empty and boring :/
  12. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

still plenty of people on the 1.6.4 map bro! Its where the cool kids hang out! I had a play of the temp map, explored the new biomes etc, but i didnt see much point for myself to keep playing it if its a map thats going to be shortly wiped :)
  13. 4everLink

4everLink Member

I can't even get to the temp map. it keeps telling me something about an invalid session and to try restarting my game, but that never works :/
  14. cooldude2703

cooldude2703 New Member

I still go on the 1.6.4 map, I hope the 1.7 stuff comes soon though!
  15. vodopanda

vodopanda New Member

16. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member