1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Suggestions for Crafthub (:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Harmony Speed, Apr 24, 2014.

Suggestions for Crafthub (:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Harmony Speed, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Harmony Speed

Harmony Speed New Member

1. Adding more blocks for claims. 5000 is not enough, and apparently it regenerates over time? This has not worked for me :c
    2. More homes for contributors. I would say 3 would be nice. 1 single use home for non-donators would be nice as well.
    3. Adding bukkit, as it can help with normal commands for servers, like /warp, tp, etc.
    4. The mail command, I have no idea what mod its from. (Ex. Commands: /sendmail, /mail, /readmail, etc.)
    5. How about some uncaring self-promotion? It would help our server grow, and would make people love CH.
    6. Hire staff from different time zones.
    7. Add colors? It would be nice in signs for non-donators, but chat colors can be for contributors. (The commands are, I forget them exactly, and I dont know the mod: &c, &a, &b, etc.)
    8. Finish the Multi-Universe Dimensions. Preferably have us spawn in the End area, and have the survival world be the town that Gnatz and Gauge created.
    9. I think that chest protection would benefit everyone. GPs are nice, but chest locks help! (Ex. commands from the mod that I dont know: /lock, /unlockfor, etc.)
  2. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

Gauge and Pantzz thankyou. We will take into consideration your suggestions. Its always nice having feedback thankyou!
  3. LordNut

LordNut Member

I may be wrong on some of this but:
    1. The claim blocks we get for different donator ranks are about the equivalent to what we were given in residence space before. I prefer being able to buy claim blocks with in-game currency like we used to, but I also understand the need for donation incentives.
    2. I personally feel what we have for set-home locations is enough with having /spawn, /call, and /res tp.
    3. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that this is a Bukkit server and always has been. And most of the vanilla Operator commands are either replaced by commands from other Bukkit plugins, or arent in use by Non-Staff to preserve the survival environment.
    4. We have the mail commands. They're just not currently being used.
    5. This I agree with. I know from previous experience that keeping a strong player base is a ton of work, but CraftHub already has thier name out there and we aren't going anywhere. I think that with a bit of advertising we could possibly get pretty big :)
    6. Our staff is from all over the place. Besides, You never really know if they're online or not ;)
    7. I honestly can not stand when chat is a huge mess of random colored chat and names, but I think colored signs would be nice.
    8. Meh. Bring on the next temp map and call it a day I say!
    9. I loved the old LWC plugin that we used to use. Adding "magnet" flags to chests came in handy quite a bit. They may not be updating that plugin anymore though.
  4. 4everLink

4everLink Member

LWC was removed because of things like chests signs doors ect from inactive players out in the wilderness and un able to be destroyed unless a staff member goes around, finds them, and unlocks them all.
    the plugins that adds one to LWC to make them expire after a player has been offline so long did not work. so it was a big annoyance to some it seems.
  5. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

1. Adding more blocks for claims. 5000 is not enough, and apparently it regenerates over time? This has not worked for me :c
    • The amount is roughly equivalent to what it was in the days of residence, yeah.
    • The blocks don't regenerate over time, you just get them back as soon as you unclaim something. (The feature exists to grant more over time, we just don't use it)
    • You can buy more blocks (with real money). We do understand people would like more from in game sources, but we also want it to be fair.
    2. More homes for contributors. I would say 3 would be nice. 1 single use home for non-donators would be nice as well.
    • We offer up to three homes for different levels of contributor already. In the future it may be possible to sell extras the same way we sell protection blocks.
    • In our opinion, there are plenty of free teleports for non players. Plus a bed will get you home every time you die. (Use the mail plugin to send your stuff before you /kill)
    3. Adding bukkit, as it can help with normal commands for servers, like /warp, tp, etc.
    • We are a Bukkit server already. Bukkit is a platform for plugins to interact with the game. A Bukkit server with no plugins is nearly identical to a vanilla server. The plugins we do run provide us tons of functionality, we have chosen not to implement warp and tp for example, because they are extremely unfair for the sake of pvp on their own.
    4. The mail command, I have no idea what mod its from. (Ex. Commands: /sendmail, /mail, /readmail, etc.)
    • The mail command is from ChestMail, a plugin I wrote a while ago. It will be seeing a substantial update soon. Not entirely sure what the suggestion is for it, but it works?
    5. How about some uncaring self-promotion? It would help our server grow, and would make people love CH.
    • I agree that a little promotion can be good for the server
    • We have a pretty close knit player base and I like knowing most of it, so I'd had to just suddenly become a huge in-personal server. Any growth should be organic and community oriented.
    • We enforce our no advertising policy when it comes to other people hopping on to try to poach players. It would be hypocritical to do that on other servers, so any advertising would have to comply with our own rules.
    6. Hire staff from different time zones.
    • We have staff from a pretty big span already (US East Coast (a lot of us), Australia, South Africa, Finland, UK)
    • This is more a general statement, not so much directed at anyone, but it comes up every now and then: We don't "hire" staff. We're all volunteers. Our payment is that warm fuzzy feeling from knowing we help keep the community going. The server isn't cheap to run, and the contributions from players help a ton, but usually it costs more than we bring in to keep going.
    7. Add colors? It would be nice in signs for non-donators, but chat colors can be for contributors. (The commands are, I forget them exactly, and I dont know the mod: &c, &a, &b, etc.)
    • Our chat plugin supports the colored chat (I wrote that one too), but we don't have it enabled for non-staff. We've seen it on partner servers (Bronycraft, I miss you), but if you give players access to it, chat becomes an unreadable rainbow pretty quickly.
    • It would be neat to see multi color signs though.
    8. Finish the Multi-Universe Dimensions. Preferably have us spawn in the End area, and have the survival world be the town that Gnatz and Gauge created.
    • We had a skylands for a while, last map. The problem is, that we were dependant on someone elses map generator plugin for it, and they no longer maintain it. If we can find a suitable replacement, we'd love to have it back.
    9. I think that chest protection would benefit everyone. GPs are nice, but chest locks help! (Ex. commands from the mod that I dont know: /lock, /unlockfor, etc.)
    • As said in posts before mine, we moved to using GP over a combination of residence and LWC (light weight chests) because GP offered features for automatically removing them after inactivity.
    • Further more, we had frequent issues with people using LWC to protect homes. People would build an entire house out of furnaces, rather than contributing for a real protection. This created a nightmare for staff to enforce.
    • The magnet flag was nice, but now we have hoppers!
    Thanks for taking the time to write out your suggestions. We do appreciate it, and I try to respond to suggestions so that its clear that we're listening. I've got more than a few ideas out of writing up this response, so keep them coming.
  6. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

Personally I would love to see more people active on the forums so seeing suggestion posts here brings warm feelings of happiness.
  7. LordNut

LordNut Member

I suggest implementing a "LordNut" rank specifically for players named LordNut. LordNuts are a rare and unique breed who deserve access to the Vanish plugin :p
  8. 4everLink

4everLink Member

I suggest a seriously cool and epic RP world! :D I'd help ;p
  9. noobidoo

noobidoo Administrator Staff Member

Thats actually something we would want to do, but it's a lot of time we don't have and not enough players have showed any interest in hardcore RP.

If there is a build team that wants to take on the challenge of making a world, writing the story and quests. And are prepared to keep adding stuff to it, I'll set aside some resources for that, and help out with what i can (Mostly server side stuff and configuration)
  10. 4everLink

4everLink Member

it might actually be perfect for something else I've been planning. but that something is still quite far off. but yah, I'd be interested in that. suppose now I have more thinking and planning and prepareing to do tho, should be fun :p it's gunna be some time, but when I think I am ready I'll let ya know ;P

edit: also, I LUZ making stories and things. making a video game with a cool world story awesome characters and all that is like my dream. so a prodject like this in minecraft could be sorta close I guess :p
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  11. Princess_zelda

Princess_zelda New Member

Oh my Notch! I LOVE Rp! XD Wow, I didn't think the server was planing on a RP World! ;D Im exited now... hehe :p
  12. 4everLink

4everLink Member

well as Noobi said, they would like an RP world, but not enough of the servers players seem interested enough in one for them to put all the time effort and reasources into making one. but he was saying if there were a team of players that were interested in and wanting/willing to make one, and keep it updated regularly, then he'd have no problem setting aside a multiverse world for them to use for this purpose.
    he didn't say that such a world is now being made. but I suppose that doesn't mean there are no plans........
  13. Princess_zelda

I understand that, But just having a possibility of it is so exiting for me! Rping is kinda a secret hobby of mine.. Shhhh..... But anyways, I would be willing to help ;o and I have a lot of minecraft Rping friends that might wanna join this!

Attached Files:

14. Pantzz

Pantzz
    Staff
    Staff Member

I use to play with a bunch of Rpers when i played Ultima Online years ago. Knights of .... something.... My name was - Sir MistahPlow! I think RPing is a bit of a dying game style but if enough people are into it then there is no reason why you couldnt start a RP style town or something along those lines on the current server. If it became popular enough then perhaps a server could be on the cards :)
  15. Princess_zelda

:eek:.... YASYYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY......... Sorry.. got exited there....

Attached Files:

16. 4everLink

4everLink Member

XD I Luz RPing. BTW PZ, you been on Zelda Universe or even Legends Place? both are fan sites for the Zelda series and the forums both have sections for RPing. but unfortunately back when LP was going to Merge with ZU, things didn't work out and all the stuff from LP couldn't be transferd onto ZU. so LP and all that was on it became lost. it has since been brought back tho! but unfortunately a lot of good old Lpers went away when it went down, so even tho LP is back it's not super active :/

NEWAYS back on topic. I luz RPing and an RP world on the server would b A MAZE ING! :p and I'd be willing to help make it. all the ideas I've had floating around lately would work perfectly. but those are for discussion at a later time.....
  17. Princess_zelda

XD I've never heard of Legends place, But defiantly heard of Zelda Universe! Anyways Hopefully we can both get try to get this to be a thing for crafthub! High five Link!

giphy (3).gif
  18. 4everLink

4everLink Member

XD well yah, hopefully this RP world idea can become a real thing :p would take a LOOOOOng time to make tho
  19. IronR0b

IronR0b New Member

Thanks a lot , :)