1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Residence and You!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mechanicaljack, Apr 9, 2013.

Residence and You!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mechanicaljack, Apr 9, 2013.

1. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our Residence tutorial. I believe that the best tutorial is the kind that teaches you to teach yourself. I'll update this tutorial as suggestions on improvement and questions that should be but aren't answered by this tutorial pile in. Let's begin.

The most important tool is a stick. The most important command in Residence is the help command. The most basic examples of this are:

/res ? and /res ? <page number>

Got it so far? Good!

So, residence is for creating residences. Let's get to it.

Step 1 is selecting an area. There are 3 options for this.
    1. Use the stick.
    2. Use /res select [x] [y] [z]
    3. Use /res select chunk

Number 1:​
    With the stick, you can select an area to use for your residence. It's very basic. You select one corner near the bottom with a left click of the mouse, and an opposite corner near the top with a right click. The right and left click can be switched, but you get the basic idea.​

Number 2:
    With /res select [x] [y] [z] you can select an area around yourself. X is North and South, Z is East and West, and Y is Up and Down. The downside to this method is that your residence will be odd in size. So, 3x3x3, 7x7x7, 11x5x7, etc. When you choose your X, Y and Z, you are choosing a number to expand out from you, so an X of 6 will expand 6 North, and 6 south, resulting in 13 total including the block you're standing on.​

Number 3:
    /res select chunk will select only the chunk you are standing in. Simple, but limited.
    ===================================================

From here, you can create your residence with /res create. For proper syntax type /res create ?
    Important Note: The name you choose for your residence is case-sensitive. This means you must type it exactly as you entered it the first time every time you want to interact with your residence, so choose wisely!

--more to come in the future--
  2. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

*Raises Hand*

Question. Do the commands for Renting/Selling Residences work? I always forget to test these things when I'm online. If they do work, could we get a tutorial in this thread for it?

Thanks!