1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Raemis' Guide to Sign Shops!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Raemis, Oct 1, 2012.

Raemis' Guide to Sign Shops!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Raemis, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

Alrighty, as Sign Shops are becoming a pretty major player in the server economy, I figured I'd write up a little tutorial showing how to set up your very own shop.

The first thing you want to do is get a sign, a chest, a redstone dust, and whatever you want to buy or sell.

Next, place the chest, and put whatever you want to buy or sell (and ONLY what you want to buy or sell) inside it. So, if you want to buy or sell 16 slices of melon at a time, put in 16 slices of melon. If you want to buy or sell a whole suit of Iron Armor at a time, put in one of each piece of iron armor.

At this point, your chest's contents should look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Next place the sign with the following requirements
    - Line one: [Buy] or [Sell]. If you are selling the items to players, write Buy inside the brackets. if you want to buy things from players, write Sell inside the brackets. The brackets, and the capitalization matter.
    - Lines two and three: These lines are for describing whatever you are buying or selling. Try to be accurate.
    - Line four: Write the price for the product. Only the numbers on the line matter, so feel free to add a little g on the end.

Your sign should look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Now, remove the LWC lock on the sign by typing:
    Code:
    /cremove
    Then punch your sign, followed by
    Code:
    /cpublic
    And one more sign punch.

Almost done, left click the chest with the redstone dust, and then left click the sign with the redstone dust.

Put in any extra inventory you have, like so:
    [​IMG]

And you're now ready for business!
    (Pictures will be added later, for clarity)
  2. Swagaraga

Swagaraga
    Staff
    Staff Member

I find this very useful in many different ways. Thank you for posting this!
  3. RustusBrown

RustusBrown Active Member

Thank you sir.