1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Plugin Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by albinoorange, Aug 1, 2013.

Plugin Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by albinoorange, Aug 1, 2013.

1. albinoorange

albinoorange Active Member

2. albinoorange

3. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

I like that you're trying to bring nice things to the server, but I have some issues with these plugins.

The crafting recipes are interesting, but they take away the fun of exploring for those rare things, like mycellium or stone brick variants. That, and rotten flesh -> beef just doesn't make sense.

The bow is completely overpowered and clearly an unfair advantage.

The portals are an interesting idea, but its not something we would give everyone access to.

The nether tools seem kinda poorly fleshed out. What makes them better/different than normal tools with enchantments? I mean, two nether stars to make the equivalent of a diamond sword with a bad enchantment?

The uncrafting table doesn't work on things with durability. If it uses durability it doesn't break it down. It also takes away a big part of the game. When you build things, you use materials. This makes it less of a decision to craft things. This one is more a personal preference, I just feel like its a bad addition to the game.
  4. albinoorange

5. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

I'm not trying to be discouraging, suggestions are welcome, but we have to think about them very carefully, especially when they modify major parts of the game. And a few of them just seem to be poorly done. The nether tools one had some merit, but they're just pre-enchanted tools.

The wither bow is very, very, very powerful, and with no check on it, could cause quite a mess (explosions) and be unfair in PVP. It's cool, yes, but there's more to it than that. The crafting plugin does some neat things, but it gets rid of some of the cool things that are rare. Or, completely negates silk touch. Right now, silk touch is useful because it lets you acquire some unusual things. If you can just craft those things, silk touches will just get thrown straight into lava.
  6. albinoorange

Well, I'm glad you liked the lapis :)