1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Members for my future Minecraft town Menice (minecraft Venice)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by piggygirl1, Dec 31, 2013.

Members for my future Minecraft town Menice (minecraft Venice)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by piggygirl1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

Hello to everyone who is reading this. I am going to have a new town and as you probably know I have to have at least 5 members (not including staff) to post a proper forum town request. For anyone whom does not know what the city of Venice is I suggest you look it up. But if you don't I will explain it now. Venice in a nutshell is a beautiful town in Italy surrounded by water. It is made up of 118 small islands. The roads are replaced with water. It is truly a stunning work of art. If I got approved I would make a few of the famous buildings like doges palace and the connected prison. The houses like most any other city come in variety but I would like (if u joined) for you to keep it old looking with cobble,brick, and blocks like that. The town also has many colorful buildings and houses at a certain part of Venice. I would probably have a part of my city like that. I know if you got to this part of the thread you might be saying "girrrrl dat gonna take fo-ev-a!" Well the first person to join, (if I trust them and have known them for a while) can be another owner! And help me build (not co-owner, owner) if that person or you have a different idea please tell me, for I am open ears because I am not sure about this, I know it would take a while, and dedicated people. So please join Menice you will not regret it. :D

Sincerely,
    Piggygirl1
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2013 ---
    I hope you join! :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2013 ---
    I hope you join! :)

Attached Files:

mechanicaljack likes this.
  2. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

This could be a lot of fun and a good challenge. I wish you luck with it.
    River Song Jones likes this.
  3. River Song Jones

River Song Jones New Member

I would like to Join!
  4. Doom6197

Doom6197 Administrator Staff Member

Awesome project, good luck :D
  5. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

Thanks to a lot of awesome people,, I have 5 members for this. I am currently collecting the resources. But I do have a question. We are going to build it in the ocean because that seems like the best idea. And since Venice has no fence around it, would it be ok if the border was the ocean around it? Thanks. Bye!
    Ps: if anyone has a name for minecraft Venice, I am open for suggestions.
  6. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

I realized that I made a mistake with my first post, I said there was a colorful part in Venice but well there's not. It's Murano, an island north of Venice that is almost exactly like Venice, just colorful. We will probably eventually build this island, but it will be after Venice minecraft or whatever I end up calling it, is done and people have already moved in. Ciao! (Bye/hi in Italian xD)
  7. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

Could you build a few buoys? I would suggest the corners and maybe one or two between each of those. It helps us define the border and is also helpful if/when you get an expansion on the town.
  8. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

will do. Is there a limit for how big a town can be?
    And just out of curiosity, If someone made a town out of dirt or said they would make a certain town but did it way differently, would you allow either of those things?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2014 ---
    Have a Happy Saint Patrick's day!
  9. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

Technically there is no town size limit, but the borders of the town should be large enough for the initial project and some expansion. When the area fills up, you can ask us for an expansion and we will gladly do it.

"And just out of curiosity, If someone made a town out of dirt or said they would make a certain town but did it way differently, would you allow either of those things?" When you apply for town protection, you need to give us a theme. If the town is drastically different from the theme, the town post on here should be updated to match the theme that it evolved into. We won't give a town res if the area is just walled in land. We do expect to see something being built in the area whether its underground, on the ground, or above the ground.
  10. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

Ok thanks ;)
    It will probably be a while before I post teh town request. My uncle and I, (the co-owner, username: Stryder0301) have been emailing back and forth, and have decided to try to mimic the canals, bridges, and other landmarks to make it as close to the real Venice as possible. I think I will call the town Venicia but i am not sure. (pronunciation: Ven-is-ia)
    Freilos (bye in german ^-^)

-piggehgirlie1ah
  11. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

We have decided to Instead call it Venezia. He is putting a grid over the real map of Venice, and we plan to begin planning soon. Does anyone have any ideas for landmarks that are in Venice that we should build? (we have already decided to defiantly make The Basilica, and Doges Palace at least)
    bye