1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Let there be colors!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jeremy58589721, Apr 15, 2014.

?

yibba jibba bibba?

1. yibba yibba bibba!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bibba jibba yab!

33.3%
  3. bibbity yabbity!

66.7%
  4. jibba bib!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Let there be colors!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jeremy58589721, Apr 15, 2014.

1. idk if possible but would be amazing if there were a way to color/dye normal blocks, ie- cobble, stonebrick, stone. I always loved having black stonebrick myself.

other blocks would be:

cobble
    stone
    stonebrick
    glowstone
    gravel
    snow
    sand
    sandstone
    any equivlient of those that have slabs and stairs

and so on and so forth until everything is beautiful and no so grey
  2. 4everLink

4everLink Member

well texture- ah-hem I mean resource packs re-color blocks. you might even be able to make like a cobblestone(2) or something to have multiple colors for a block.
  3. Gnatz

Gnatz New Member

We are limited on the actual amount of different blocks we can add. There are two reasons for this -- Mojang and Bukkit. Certain blocks store metadata. So white wool has a block ID of 35, but orange wool has a block ID of 35:1. Unless the block is known to need metadata, Bukkit resets it. So, we could have hot pink obsidian, but as soon as you place it, it would reset to black obsidian. WE allows the staff to get around this, but normal schmoes (like us) can't use WE Also, if Bukkit gets their podzol together, Mojang only allows 16 (0-15) places for metadata. Technically, we can't add anymore colors of wool, and there are other blocks like that as well. So, we are limited by Bukkit's slightly invasive resets and Mojang's lazy(ish) programming (it does sorta make Minecraft run faster).

ATM, we can't do different colors of stone, but with 1.8 that block will allow metadata. Also, slabs and stairs will really never be very open. About half of the values are taken up by what is already there since all slabs and stairs you can use a pick on are the same block ID and all the wooden ones are the same ID.

Honestly, I'm not an expert on this, and I learn something new every time Raemis or Doom posts bellow me. Shot either of them a PM if you are really curious.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. so mister awesome Raemis210 could make a plugin that allowed blocks to have 0-15 datas? which would allow crafthubs pack to allow dyeable blocks for i can get my sexy black stonebricks?
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. Gnatz

Gnatz New Member

Actually, that's possible. Cobblestone isn't though. Also, there is a small number of variants that could be implemented.

And it isn't Raemis' fault. He shouldn't have to recode Bukkit to make it work right. That's someone else's job. He's recoding stuff that the staff finds more important than your sexy black cobblestone.

I'll see if I can at least make a texture to tide you over.
  6. hmmm? i never said it was Raemis fault lol i just suggested he make a sexy plugin that allowed moar datavaules for blocks. since you said blah blah blah above.

and i dont want sexy black cobblestone, i want sexy stonebrick... huge sexy difference.
  7. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

To the best of my knowledge, everything said by gnatz is accurate. And I do believe a plugin to provide that sort of functionality could be coded, but one of you guys is going to have to give me more hours in the day to make it happen any time soon.

8. it doesnt matter anymore, i give up crafthub due to the childish behavior of some staff and dont wanna deal with it anymore.
  9. 4everLink

4everLink Member

D: aw! wut? no don't go! ur one of the better crafthubbers Jeremy!

10. i know, and im sorry. i havent be around as of late and this stay was really brief but i have my reasons to go. cya sometime in the future maybe