1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

**Important: Please Read**

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by mechanicaljack, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

**Important: Please Read**

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by mechanicaljack, Aug 26, 2013.

1. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Today I'm writing about something gravely important. We're instituting what is technically an existing rule, but one that is not clearly as defined as it apparently needs to be. We've left it to common sense and general ethics up to this point, but we clearly need to spell it out as it keeps rearing it's ugly head.

Crafthub, as a server, is supported by the community. That's you guys. If we don't have a community, we don't have a server. To be accurate, we have a server until Noobidoo, me and any other generous staff member can no longer afford to pay for the server costs. Crafthub is a volunteer group. When people decide to sponsor us and contribute money to our server costs, that's where their money goes. It is used to pay server rent directly, saved for a month where we don't get enough support, used for a contest for you guys, pay for advertising to attract new players, etc. None of it goes to us.

So again, when something has a negative impact on the server as a whole, it's just plain bad. We already have rules that pretty well cover this subject in the form of harassment and spirit of the server, but we feel we need a rule just about this.

What is the rule? It's kind of simple, but a bit complex by necessity. If you are a significantly negative influence on the server, you will be removed. This is not an easy rule for us to implement. It's easy for this sort of rule to be abused, and we have taken that into account. This will not be a rule that a single staff member can implement. Not even Noobidoo, myself, Raemis or any other possible future admin. We will discuss it as a group and hopefully balance one another out.

To repeat, any user that staff feels is a toxic influence upon the server will be removed. It is unlikely that a decision of this magnitude will ever be reversed, so I implore anyone who is warned about this behavior to take that warning absolutely seriously. If you've had any interaction with me in the past, I hope I've made it clear that I don't make idle threats. I really don't want to ever have to use this rule again. It's a sad thing for me when a player has to be removed from the server forever.

So, play nice, follow the rules, and remember that when you're having fun, it's not okay to have that fun at the expense of others fun. Be cool guys.

-mechanicaljack
  2. Um does this apply to past members who were toxic before the rule
  3. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

If you're on the forums, you probably haven't been removed. When I refer to removal, I mean total removal.
  4. Ok thank you for clearing that up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.