1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

Gnatz and Illi's Totally Awesome Suggestions for Texture Pack by Gnatz (and Illi)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gnatz, Feb 21, 2014.

Gnatz and Illi's Totally Awesome Suggestions for Texture Pack by Gnatz (and Illi)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gnatz, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Gnatz

Gnatz New Member

Ill and I thought up some suggestions for the texture pack. Here they are:

New Walls:
    • Stone Brick Walls
    • Brick Walls
    • Sandstone Walls
    Slabs and Stairs for the Clay blocks

And two new blocks

1. Sandstone Masonry. Here's a example texture made with Painterly Pack: [​IMG] (Recipe is 2 sandstone and 2 stone)
    2. Tri-Colored Bricks. (Sample to come.)
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Doom6197, AtomicReload and Locus Link like this.
  2. 4everLink

4everLink Member

the limit is 1 town per person yes? because depending on the answer I may have a few server suggestions as well.
  3. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

Yes you can only own one town. This is partly stated because Town Owners don't count toward other players' towns. Keep the suggestions coming guys, we like them (suggestions in general) and we will see what can and can't be done.
  4. Doom6197

Doom6197 Administrator Staff Member

I will work on the walls this weekend and will post some progress.
    Wont be able to do stairs.
    Also we would prefer to use our own textures instead of using ones from another pack, so if anyone is willing to have a go at making some textures it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions guys please keep them coming.
  5. Doom6197

Progress!!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Stark_214 and Gnatz like this.
  6. Gnatz

Gnatz New Member

That was only an example to more accurately describe the block, and to avoid plagiarism I said which pack it was from. I should be able to make both textures this weekend.
  7. Doom6197

Here we have it, 14 new walls have been added all with crafting recipes.

[​IMG]

Here is an example on how to craft the quartz wall (All of these recipes are the same layout)

[​IMG]

The 14 new walls are:

• Sandstone
    • Chiselled Sandstone
    • Smooth Sandstone
    • Stone Brick
    • Brick
    • Quartz
    • Chiselled Quartz
    • Pillar Quartz
    • Oak Log
    • Spruce Log
    • Birch Log
    • Jungle Log
    • Acacia Log
    • Dark Oak Log
    Gnatz likes this.
  8. Zedmastermind

Zedmastermind New Member

looking good
  9. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

These are live already? I really like the creeper sandstone one!
  10. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, we got thiese in middate yesterday (EST).
  11. piggygirl1

piggygirl1 New Member

12. LordNut

LordNut Member

I always thought it would be cool to have lanterns. I know we already have redstone lamps but they're a little too big sometimes for decorating. I just want something small like how people use cocoa plants as decorative "lights". Have them be made of iron, glass, and a torch. :eek:
  13. Gnatz

Gnatz New Member

Do cocoa plants stick to anything besides jungle logs?

Edit:

Doom, I'll work this if you want.

Edit #2:
    I'm pretty sure this is sorta not possible with MCPatcher. Basically, certain blocks store damage values as metadata in their block ID number when they are placed or removed (so there is one block ID for wool, but different damage values for each color). Only a few blocks store metadata like that; basically, it's the ones that Mojang wants to use. Cocoa beans, as far as I know, do not store metadata. Here's the list that I've been using to check values. With WorldEdit block ID's can be changed and stored without placing or removing the block so the metadata does not change. Technically, I do not think it would be possible for non-staff to have latterns like that.

Possible solutions: petition the staff to get donor's certain perms with WE.
    petition Mojang to better code their game.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    4everLink likes this.
  14. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

From what I remember, the game supports all blocks having metadata (hence why the world editing works) but Bukkit prevents them from retaining it when broken or placed unless their 'allowed' to have extra data.

And world edit isn't really an option for contributors as it requires the set command, which would let you do a heck of a lot more than setting metadata.
  15. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

Alternate possible option: Could we have an alternate texture for torch to look like a lantern with a different crafting recipe? I'm only basing this on how we did Spears, Maces, & Battleaxes. I know torches may be a little difficult to manipulate since they can stick to walls and such.
  16. Doom6197

I've already tried messing with torches in the past, I tried to make lanterns for Hungercraft, and had no luck on getting it to work. MCPatcher does not work with them :/

Unfortunately the MCPatcher guy has been to busy keeping up with the updates to MC to add anything new.